January 9, 2017

Hola!




Hola Mi Familia y Amigos!!

This week was absolutely fantastic because I learned a lot and we saw lots of miracles and have I ever mentioned how much I love missionary work?!?!?!? It's fabulous!! This is our last week before the change ends so we are trying to work super hard and do our very best!! We have a baptism set for this Thursday, so if you would PLEASE pray that everything goes well!!

This week I was thinking/studying a lot about the principle of repentance. What it is, why it's important, how to apply it more, how it is even possible... all of these things were floating around in my mind. Well this week I was reading in Ether 3, and verse 14 really stuck out to me. It reads,

"Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters."

There are so many wonderful things that I learned from this short verse, but what I wanted to share with you all is the fact that it says "In me shall all mankind have life". What does that mean to you?? Well to me, it means that I will be able to breathe. That is the promise of the Atonement, that is the purpose of Repentance... to bring us that relief. To be able to see the light! To have HOPE.

We have an investigator named Guido, he's the guy that is going to get baptized on Thursday(: He has lived a rough life and had lots of trials... We started teaching him because he came to church ALL BY HIMSELF and asked if we would like to teach him hahaha... Miracles people, miracles. As we taught him the principle of repentance and the importance of baptism, we asked him if he would like to be baptized unto repentance. He responded quickly in the affirmative. When we asked him why, he responded, "Because I never knew before that I could have a second chance". THAT is Repentance. It's putting everything behind and starting new. It's taking the hand of Christ.

I TESTIFY that this church is true. That God knows and loves us, and wants us the take that step. Don't hold yourself back... for as Elder Maxwell once said, we shouldn't hold hostage those that the Lord wishes to set free. I love you all so much!! Have an absolutely fabulous week!!!

Love,

Hermana Van Deusen

No comments:

Post a Comment