October 10, 2016

Share the Gospel!

Hola Mi Familia y Amigos,

Guess What?!!! We had a BAPTISM this week!! Woot Woot!! His name is Derian. He started listening to the missionaries about a year ago, but he wasn't progressing so the missionaries dropped him. My last companion and I visited him a couple of times about 4 months ago, but he didn't seem too interested. Well about a month ago, he came to church with his friend, and told us, "Hey Hermanas, I want to be baptized".... Uhhhh, okay!!!! Music to a missionary's ears! We've been working with him a lot since then, and saturday he finally entered the waters of baptism. It was absolutely beautiful. I cannot express how grateful I am to be a missionary, and that I have the chance to see such wonderful changes in such wonderful people!

Something really cool about Derian's story, is that he was a referral from a member. The member's name is Kenneth, and Derian is his neighbor/friend. Derian is proof that referrals make a difference!!!!! The spirit was so strong when Kenneth placed his hands on Derian's head to give him the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It wasn't just a great experience for us as missionaries, but for Kenneth and Derian, and everyone that was there in Sacrament Meeting when Kenneth beared his testimony. You guys, SHARE THE GOSPEL. Give REFERALLS!!! You will never regret sharing your testimony and helping the missionaries, but you might regret not!!

I love you all and I am so grateful for your love and support!! Remember who you are, and have a fabulous week!!

Love,

Hermana Van Deusen

No comments:

Post a Comment