July 11, 2016

July 11, 2016

Mi Familia Y Amigos!

Forgive me for not writing last week... but there wasn't much time, nor much to report! But it's all good, I'm writing now(; All is well here in David!! It's hot, humid, and really wet.... the usual! Our investigators are doing awesome, and we have two really solid baptismal dates that are coming up in the next week or two. Woo Hoo! There have been a lot of changes in my mission as of late. Our new mission president arrived a couple weeks ago, and the mission is in an adjustment period. President and Sister Current are wonderful, and they entered the mission ready to work with a very distinct vision. Our new "motto" for the mission is 3 Nephi 5:13...

 13 Behold, am disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

As well as Helaman 5:12...

 12 And now, my sons, rememberremember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation;    
that when the devil shall send forth his 
mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, ishall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf omisery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is sure  foundation, foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall
I absolutely love it. As a missionary, I am a disciple of Christ, and my purpose is to invite others to come unto him... but how can I possibly hope to do that, if I'm not already there myself? When Christ is our foundation, we can do anything. We cannot fail! It's not possible. What hope there is in that message, and what a delight it is to share that message. Always remember that as members of the Church, we bear the name of Christ, and there is power in his name. Build your foundation on Christ, so that you may be worthy enough to help bring others unto him as well. I love you all and I am so grateful for your support in helping me build my foundation on my Redeemer. I love you all and I hope you have a fabulous week!! 

Hermana Van Deusen




No comments:

Post a Comment