July 18, 2016

Hola!

Mi Familia y Amigos,

This week was filled with a lot of ups and downs!! But mostly ups!! My comp and I both got sick this week... so we weren't as productive as we would have liked, but we still had some pretty amazing experiences! 

This week we started a mission wide goal of reading the Book of Mormon... we read about 3 chapters a day, with the goal of completing it in 3 months. My mission president and his wife are really putting emphasis on the fact that our purpose as missionaries is to convince the people, and we can't do that without the Book of Mormon and the Spirit, and how can we invite the Spirit and testify of the Book of Mormon, if we aren't already convinced ourselves? Each day we "leer, meditar, y apuntar" or "read, ponder, and take notes". I have read the Book of Mormon several times, but this week I have learned more than I thought was possible. This project isn't just strenghtening my testimony, it's fortifying my conversion. I wish that I could share with you all of my notes and insights... but there's no time for that(; And let's be honest, my personal revelations won't mean as much to you as your own. But this week we were contacting and met a woman that let us in... and to make a long story short we started teaching about the Book of Mormon. In my 2 1/2 months here I have testified about the Book of Mormon a hundred times, but this time it was different. This time I almost started to cry, because in that moment I realized how truly grateful I am for this book. The Book of Mormon is the evidence, the evidence that all are seeking... It is the proof that Jesus is the Christ, and that this is his church. The Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ, and through it we can come to truly know our Savior. I testify, with everything in me, that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. That it is true. It's true! How lucky we are to know and love it. My invitation for you all this week is to delight in it's words. Feast upon the words of Christ... find the answers that Heavenly Father might very well have put there just for you alone. The Book of Mormon is for you. Read it!! I'm out of time... but I love you all, and I'm so grateful for your wonderful examples and all your support. I hope that you all have a wonderful week!! 

Hermana Van Deusen



No comments:

Post a Comment