June 29, 2016

Week 7

Familia y Amigos,

This week was absolutely fantastic!! Dario got baptized!!! What a blessing!! So I haven't really talked about Dario that much so let me fill you in... He's a 13 year old boy that we have been teaching for about 6 weeks. He's really cool and I just love him!  With all of the other investigators I get nervous about my Spanish and how to word things right and all that jazz, but with him it's so simple and comfortable, which in it's own way has helped me to realize what it means to teach/be a missionary. His conversion has been really fast, and it's really amazing to see such dedication in someone so young. His baptism was so special. The room was full of members that came in support, and I can honestly say that I've never been so happy for someone else in my entire life. The joy that comes from seeing someone make a change and accept the gospel, is something that can't be explained, only experienced. What a blessing it is that the Lord let's us witness these beautiful events... this is truly his work!! So yes, a wonderful week it was for me! 

I don't have much time today, so I will leave you with that!! I love and miss you all so very, very much. Thank you for your love and support... it means the world!! Have a wonderful week! Remember who you are. 

Love, 

Hermana Van Deusen 


A little more from another letter:

...I've consumed more ants than I thought possible. We had dinner one night with a sister... and the bread she gave use was COVERED in ants.... and we ate it. Because we are missionaries. And that is what we do. Also I ate cow tongue last week. It's not good. 

...Life is great!! Oh changes!! My companion stayed (tender mercy), but my district completely changed. They shut down our district leaders area, so the whole zone got mixed around. So instead of three districts we now have two, so we are with completely new people. But it's all good... I love my zone and the people in it!! And six more weeks with my comp so yay!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment