June 6, 2016

Week 4

Mi Familia y Amigos,

P-day Again??? I can't believe how fast time is flying... it's exciting but lightweight sad!! Almost a month here in Panama... AHHH! Incredible. There is not much to report, this week was really busy and to be honest it's all kind of a blur! Our zone is trying to prepare for our new presidente who's coming next cambio, so our goals are crazy high and we are working really, really hard. But to sum it up the work is progressing and we are meeting a lot of new people.. but there is just isn't enough time in the day!! But Awesome news, we have a baptism on Saturday!! I am so excited!! Nelly is one of the most dedicated people I have ever met. She is what it means to be a convert! Her son is a member in a different stake and will be coming down to baptize her, and it's so cool to see how much she is looking forward to participating in this sacred ordinance with her son by her side. AHH, Saturday is coing to be a special day!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully all will go as planned...(: But that is about it. It's been a wonderful week as always! The people here are so wonderful, and I love them more than I can express!! Spanish is coming slowly but surely... some days I feel a little discouraged when I can't communicate in the way that I want to.... but then I just think about how far I've come and I feel better(: The Lord is always helping and strenghthening us.... we just have to take the time to take a step back and see it. There's not much else to say, so I thought I'd share a scripture. In Mosiah 2:41 we read,

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

This Gospel is happiness. That's what it's all about. When we follow the example of our Savior, when we keep the commandments and utilize the Atonement when we fall short of that, we are promised blessings that we can't even imagine. We will be blessed in every single aspect of our lives. We will obtain never-ending happiness IF we are faithful to the end. I mimic the words of Nephi, "Wherefore, let us be faithful to him" (1 Nephi 7:12). 

I love you all and I hope your week is fabulous!! Remember who you represent(:

Hermana Van Deusen

I got to the internet place and realized I took NO pictures this week... no time para nada. So here is a lovely picture of me and my companion walking to write emails! The humidity is doing wonders for my hair, I know(; Also, a cockroach we found in our house last week... Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment