June 21, 2016

Week 6

Mi Familia y Amigos!! 

Well this week was much, much better!! My companion and I are still sad about Nelly of course, but we have visited her a couple times since then, and I am confident that she will be baptized soon!! HOPEFULLY this change! Speaking of which, I've completed one whole change!! Woo Hoo!! Six weeks in the field!! I can hardly believe it... six weeks flew by. Time flies when you're having fun though, right?! Well, there isn't much to report. We have a baptism coming up! Saturday Dario, a 13 year old investigator we started teaching my first week here, will be baptized!! He passed his interview and is all set!! I am really excited for him, it's so cool to see kids that young have a true desire to follow their Savior and be baptized. It's inspiring! 

Well like I said, there's not much to report, so I'll share a scripture that really stuck out to me this week. The focus of my personal studies lately has been the power that Christ has to heal us. Physically, spiritually, the whole shabang. I was searching las escrituras, and I found the scripture mastery scripture Isaiah 53:3-5, 

"He is despised and rejected of men; man of sorrows,and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefsand carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God,and afflicted.

But he was wounded for our transgressionshe was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." 

I love the last part of verse 5. With his stripes, we are healed. The Atonement of Jesus Christ was so selfless. So completely selfless. Every single thing that the Savior experienced was for us! For you! He is begging us to let him heal us. He already payed the price.... we just have to use the gift. But that's the thing, he won't force us to be healed. He is standing with his arms out stretched... we just have to come. Come unto Christ!! I can't emphasize this enough! I have met so many people throughout my life and my mission that are hurting, but they don't utilize the Atonement. They won't humble themselves enough to realize that EVERYONE needs help. EVERYONE needs to be healed. Don't be that person!! BE HEALED. The Lord wants to help you, trust him!! 
I don't mean to ramble, but I am so passionate about this particular subject!! I feel like I talk about it every week... but that's okay because I'm a missionary and that's what we do haha(: Invite others to Come unto Christ! Anyways, I love you all and I hope your week is absolutely marvelous!! Haz lo justo!! 
Hermana Van Deusen
Hey I took like 4 pictures this week... progress!! I ATE A COCONUT!! Check that off the bucket list!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment