May 30, 2016

Week 3 - Panama

Mi Familia y Amigos!!

What an amazing week this has been.... I feel like I say that every week.... But that´s just because being a missionary is so cool(; I'm having so much fun... but I'm also learning so much at the same time. Which, when you think about it, makes sense... when we come to learn and except the gospel, we can't help but be happy! We are SO lucky to have the knowledge that we do. I really learned that this week. It was funny because we were in one of the farther parts of our area, and we had two lessons scheduled. The first lesson was, quite frankly, awful. The daughter of our investigator was there, and she had done some "research" about Mormons online... needless to say she felt the need to put us in our place... The spirit was not there and it was really, really sad. We just bore our testimonies, invited her to read the Book of Mormon, and left. As we were walking to our next appointment, my companion simply said, "I'm glad I know the truth". Our next lesson was the exact opposite. It was with one of my favorite investigators named Nelly. She is a little bit older, and we've taught her about 4 times. She has a baptism date for next week, and she is progressing so well. It was an amazing lesson. I started off by asking her "Why do you want to be baptized?" In that moment her eyes got a little glossy, and she bore a powerful testimony about the Savior and her desire to follow him. Wow. What a contrast between these two lessons. In that moment I realized the blessing that it is to have our testimonies, to know that Salvation is possible through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. But the thing is... we have to work at it. Nelly keeps every single one of our commitments, she is constantly trying to learn more. Therein lies the question... are we doing everything we can to strengthen our testimonies?  Do we realize what a blessing it is to have a knowledge of this wonderful gospel?? The Lord is waiting to teach us more... we just have to put in the effort. I am so, so grateful to be a missionary. I can't physically express what a wonderful experience this has been for me thus far... and I've only been serving 2 months!! I am eternally grateful to have the knowledge that I do, that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, and that I can do all things through his Atonement. "Oh how sweet the joy this sentence gives, I know that My Redeemer Lives!!" I love you all and I hope you have an awesome week!! Remember who you represent!

Hermana Van Deusen

This week was a holiday for Panama... I can't remember what its called, but the stake had a dance party and it was awesome!!! I love Panama!!



No comments:

Post a Comment