May 23, 2016

Week 2

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

What a crazy, amazing week. I love Panama so much... it is seriously my favorite place on earth! It is so beautiful and the people are wonderful. This week was a lot of fun... we did a LOT of traveling. On Friday we had to go to Panama City so I could get all of my migration stuff done... We left at 10 pm and arrived at 4:30 am, and then waited for 2 hours for the office to open. To make a long story short... We didn't leave until 12 pm. The DMV has nothing on Panama Migrations. But it was a lot of fun to see all of the other missionaries and to enjoy the city for a little bit... it is so different from David! After migrations my comp and I went to the Temple. WOW. The Panama City temple is gorgeous, and doing a session in Spanish was a really cool experience. I love the fact that we can feel the spirit despite the language we are hearing, because the language of the spirit is universal! 

We also were able to go to Boquete today which was awesome... its about 40 minutes outside of my area, and its more in the mountains and a little bit cooler. AWESOME. We went to the Jungle! Literally... a place called the jungle(; It was like a petting zoo but they had a baby porcupine, monkeys, and parrots!! I love Panama!! 

On a more spiritual note, this week was a good week for the work. We have 4 people on date for baptism and we are trying really hard to make sure they are prepared for their dates. Spanish is coming along... I am really trying to just open my mouth more and trust in the Lord. My spanish is far from perfect, but He knows who he wants in his church, I just have to trust that he won't let me mess that up(; I am so grateful to be a missionary and to be apart of this wonderful work. This church is TRUE!! What a blessing it is to have that knowledge. Jesus Christ is our Savior, he is always there! We always have someone cheering us on!! What comfort that can bring. I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!! 

Hermana Van Deusen

No comments:

Post a Comment