April 16, 2016

MTC - Week 3

Note to self: It's Planchos de Oro... not Platos.

Today was a wonderful week full of exciting new trials and lots of fun! We gained three new investigators on Monday.... which may not sound like a lot... but sure felt like it!! It has been a growing experience for sure! Our TRC investigator named Diana has been a challenge. She believes that God exists, but doesn't believe he wants to help her/loves her because he hasn't answered her prayers in the past. Our first lesson didn't go as well as we had hoped, but our next lesson was amazing! We read in Mark 15:34, when Christ is on the cross and cries "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me". We explained that God loves Christ SO much, he is his Beloved Son, but he didn't save him in that moment. There was a greater purpose that needed to be served. We then read in John 3:16, "For God so loved the world..." Heavenly Father doesn't always do exactly what we want him to do, exactly at the moment we think he should... he has a perfect plan, and we need to trust in it. In D&C 95:1 we read that Heavenly Father chastises us because he loves us, and our trials will make us stronger. I truly believe that this lesson was more for me than for anything. I have a testimony of the fact that God loves us more than we could possibly imagine, and ALWAYS does exactly what we need. \

I have grown so much, and I love being here. I love all the time that we have to read and study the scriptures...they truly are the word of God. Our branch president has encouraged us to read 15 pages in the Book of Mormon each day, and we will be finished with it before we leave the MTC. I'm already in Alma, and I can't believe how much I am learning. Take the time to read the Book of Mormon everyday, even if it is just a little... it is worth the time. 

I hope you have a wonderful week!! I love and miss you all!! 

Hermana Van Deusen

AND keep writing me!! It makes my day better!! (;





No comments:

Post a Comment