April 2, 2016

MTC Week 1

Hola mi familia y amigos,

I have decided that the MTC is the best place on earth... other than Panama that is(; These past four days have been amazing. I am learning so much, and the spirit is so prevalent. It's basically EFY 2.0(; My companion is Hermana Allred, and I love her!!! We get along so well, and I can tell that in these next 5.5 weeks we will be able to learn a lot from each other. The Lord put us together for a reason!! The same goes for my district, we have a lot of fun(: I am so grateful for the people I am surrounded by here.

The MTC is fast-paced to say the least. Yesterday we taught our first investigator... In SPANISH! We attempted to teach her about prayer... and by the end of the lesson she was talking about life after death... Yup. PERO, I was able to understand most of what she was saying, and form decent if not basic responses... so I definitely have a testimony que el don de lenguas es real. It was a growing and humbling experience for Hermana Allred and I. We teach her again on Monday and we are so excited!!

We were also able to go to the temple yesterday, and oh my. Seeing so many missionaries dressed in white, their faces glowing with the spirit, is something I will never forget. I love the temple and the ordinances we take part in inside it. 

My testimony has been fortified in these past four days, and I can say without a doubt that I know I am supposed to serve a mission. I have felt the love of Christ, and I have no greater desire than to share that love with the people of Panama. I know that Spanish will come with time, and that the more effort I put in to learning it, the more worthy I will become to obtain the gift of tongues. I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!! 

Hermana Van Deusen

ALSO Shout out to Gaby and Bishop for sending me and my district cupcakes!! MUCHAS gracias(:



No comments:

Post a Comment