April 9, 2016

MTC - Week 2


HOLA!!!!

In the MTC we have this saying that "the days feel like weeks, and the weeks feel like days"... Es la verdad! I feel like I've been here for so long, but at the same time it feels like it's going so fast! 1.5 weeks down, only 4.5 to go!

I can only describe this week as a whirlwind of spiritual uplifting (If that makes sense haha)! General Conference is COMPLETELY different here. I think I have about 20 pages of notes... and I was so sad when it was over!! The prophet and apostles are truly men of God. On Sunday night Vocal Point came and did a singing devotional for all the missionaries, and oh my! They are so talented, and the spirit is so present in their music. Tuesday at the MTC is devotional night, and a general authority comes and speaks with us. This week it was Ian and Paula Ardern. He is a member of the seventy from New Zealand, and his words were incredible. He gave us a list of ten things that would help us to become the most effective missionaries, but my favorite quote from him was this, "You get to choose what kind of missionary you will be". How true that is. Successful missionary work is dependent upon the effort you are willing to put in to it. The Lord will ever bless those who recognize their dependence on him. 

Speaking of dependence, this week also had some very humbling moments. Everything in the MTC is so fast paced, and we have already finished teaching our first investigator Nohelia. Hermana Allred and I were humbled on more than one occasion while teaching her. I have a firm testimony that the only way we can teach the Lord's gospel, is if we are teaching with his spirit! Our Spanish was horrible, but our first responsibility is to learn the language of the Spirit, and then trust the lord in our efforts to learn the mission language. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite and help others to come unto Christ.... no where in our purpose does it say teach. We are to prepare and provide information through revelation for our investigators, and then do everything in our power to open the door to the spirit. For he is the teacher, and he is better at it then we ever could be. 

My district is great, and I love my companion, life is good!! This work is so fun!!! I love being a missionary(;

I love you all, and I hope you have a wonderful week. You are in my prayers!!

Hermana Van Deusen

AND You guys should all write me Dear Elders, because I can get them that same day!! *wink *wink







No comments:

Post a Comment