June 26, 2017

AHHHHH!






Mi Familia y Amigos,

AHHHH!!! Okay so I had something planned to write you guys but that all went out the window because one of my converts send me an email that I just read that made me so happy and I want to talk about that instead haha!!

So Hermana Jheizzy PĂ©rez wrote me, she is the wife of one of my converts from Tocumen, Edwin. I don´t know if you  guys remember, but Edwin didn´t want to get baptized for a very long time because he wanted to be sure that this was what God wanted him to do. Well we worked with him for about 3 months and on March 18th of this year he got baptized. I love his family and it was a very special experience for me. WELL Hermana Jheizzy just told me that on the 11th he received the Melchizedek Priesthood (which would have been exciting enough) and then told me that on the 18th he was ordained a high priest and received the calling to be in the bishopbric!!! They are working hard to go to the temple on their one year mark.

I can´t express my joy!! True, 100% joy!! It is something unexplainable to be able to see people come to know their Savior, and follow him. It is so beautiful to see them heal through Christ´s miraculous power, and to see them bring others unto him as well.  

In 3 Nephi 17, there is a verse that I have loved ever since my teacher shared it with us in the MTC. Verses 7 and 9-10 read,

"8 Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.

 9 And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him.
10 And they did all, both they who had been healed and they who were whole, bow down at his feet, and did worship him; and as many as could come for the multitude did kiss his feet, insomuch that they did bathe his feet with their tears."
I love this gospel so much. I am so grateful for the people in my life that have brought ME. I´m so grateful for the opportunity that I now have to do the same for others. But more than ANYTHING, I´m grateful for my Lord and Savior. I bow down at his feet and will bathe them in my tears. He is everything.
I love and miss you all so much!! Look for opportunities to share the gospel and bring your loved ones unto Christ... It is quite literally the best gift that you can give!
Love,
Hermana Van Deusen
We went hiking today.... gotta love Panama heat and Panama views

No comments:

Post a Comment