June 19, 2017

Mi Familia y Amigos,

Happy Father's Day!!! I hope you all had a great weekend! Here in Cardenas it was a little slow... but we did see lots of miracles! Our investigator Guillermo is progressing really well, and will probably getting baptized at the end of this month! Yesterday my companion and I were walking in an area called Condado del Rey and this guy just randomly came up to us and asked if my companion had been in Santiago (a city in Panama). Well TURNS out, he had gone to church a few times in my companions old branch and is now living here in our area. He said we could come visit him if we wanted, and we are really excited to see what happens! In my experience, good things happen when random people stop you in the street and ask about the gospel (Examples: Robin and Iribel, Gido, etc) haha.

Yesterday my companion and I were studying and she pointed something out that really impressed me. We were studying what it means to endure to the end, specifically what that  means after baptism. WELL she turned to the hymn book and read hymn 85. For our entire lives, we had thought that the hymn "How Firm a Foundation" was written from the perspective of a Saint. That it was a good, energetic song meant to express our desires to keep going. Well... that's not true. Verse 7 of How Firm a Foundation says the following:

7. The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!

It is written from the point of view of our Heavenly Father!! My mind was blown and I felt so silly for never having realized that before. But now it means so much more to me!! He will not, he cannot desert us! He loves us so, so very much. It makes me smile to know that he is always there for me, and I know that he is always there for each one of you! In the good time, in the bad times, in the terribly awkward times (I have quite a few of those). He's there, and he's cheering us on.

I love you all so much! Read the lyrics of hymn 85, I promise it will make you smile(: Have a fantastic week! Share the gospel!!

Hermana Van Deusen

No pictures this week.. I know, I'm lame!

No comments:

Post a Comment