May 29, 2017

Cardenas.

Mi Familia y Amigos,

I hope you are all enjoying your memorial day weekend! This was an interesting week here in Cardenas haha. Cardenas is so different from all of the other areas that I've had... so different... but not in a bad way!!! Basically I feel like I'm in America... I've taught like 5 lessons in English so far, which I mean, is weird. I can't speak English very well anymore, the members make fun of me haha. The people that live here are very intelligent and are deep-thinkers... which is both a positive and a negative. To sum it up... I'm adjusting!! BUT I absolutely love my companion. This is Hermana Ramsey's last change, but she is so focused and is such a hard worker! We have fun and I know that I'm going to learn a lot from her!

This week I've been thinking a lot about faith. Faith as explained in Alma 32 "is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true". This scripture has helped me so much not only this week, but throughout my whole mission. Faith and hope are 100% interconnected. One is not possible without the other. To me, faith means to believe in the potential that Christ gives us. It means to have hope even though we can't see ourselves becoming what we so desperately want to be... it means knowing that with Christ, we can do it all. I firmly believe and testify that faith is the beginning of it all. If I can nurture and grow my faith each and everyday, I can receive the light that I want. I can glow(:

I love you all so much and I hope you have a fabulous week! Believe in yourselves, excuses are for the weak... Philippians 4:13

Love,

Hermana Van Deusen

No comments:

Post a Comment