September 19, 2016

HoLa!!

Mi Familia y Amigos,

This was another wonderful week! Since my companion and I already know each other and the area, there wasn´t much adjustment, so we really hit the ground running! WE have a lot of plans to make sure the people that have fetchas bautismales this change follow through, and we are trying really hard to work with the members so as to get the ward to where it needs to be. I´m really excited!!! Our mission president has started a new program for us called ¨5 Families¨... it´s about five families(; The purpose is that with the help of the ward council we select 5 less active families to focus on each week of the change. We are supposed to visit them 2-3 times a week, with the intention to obviously reactivate them, but also to find new people to teach. Less actives know a lot of non-members, and even some of their immediate family isn't baptized, so with that we have a window of opportunity. We've only been doing this for a week, and we can already see the blessings!! 

I love Panama so much because the people are so inviting and warm, and you can strike up a conversation with just about anyone. This week we were contacting and we met a family that after 10 minutes of talking with them invited us to have dinner with them, gave us enough food from their garden to feed the equivolent of our whole zone, AND set up a follow up appointment all on their own!! It was like... well OKAY! I have so much love for this area and all the people here. It's incredible. I never want to leave!!! 

This week I read in Alma 36... In this chapter Alma is sharing his conversion story with his son Helaman. It is absolutely incredible, and I encourage you all to read it. Repentance is not something to fear, it is something to take advantage of. Repentance is how we use the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He already payed the price, and now his hand is stretched out, with the plea that we will take it. TAKE IT! I love this gospel so much. I am so GRATEFUL for my chance to be a missionary. Words can't express it. I love you all and I hope your week is amazing!! 

Hermana Van Deusen 





No comments:

Post a Comment