September 12, 2016

Another Change Down...

eMi Familia y Amigos,

Another change has come and gone... definitely the fastest change of my mission. My companion and I are both staying put, which while we didn't expect that, is a wonderful blessing!! I'm so grateful because we have some VERY positive investigators right now, and I really want to see their baptisms!!! This change is going to be a good one. I can feel it! 

This change we were focusing a lot on the less actives in our area.... it has been so beautiful to see some of them return and remember their sacred covenants! But for others, it is still a brutal struggle. They struggle with lack of faith and too much pride... and we can see the hurt in their eyes. Many of them became less active because of one small decision, that changed the course of their lives. They forgot their purpose for just a second.... and look at where they are now.  This week I was reading in Alma 23, and it made me think a lot about what it means to be converted. This chapter is about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis, the Lamanites who were converted by Ammon and his brothers. in verse 6 it says ,

"and as sure as the Lord liveth, so sure as many as believed, or as many as were brought to the knowledge of the truth, through the preaching of Ammon and his brethren, according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy, and the power of God working miracles in them- yea, I say unto you, as the Lord liveth, as many of the Lamanites as believed in their preaching, and were converted unto the Lord, never did fall away."

They were unshakeable. When their faith was tested as the wicked Lamanites fell upon them in an act of war, they remembered the covenants they had made and as stated in Chapter 24:23 , they "praised God even in the very act of perishing under the sword".  They didn't fear. They knew in whom they had trusted. 

I encourage you all to read these chapters, because they are awesome!! But how true it is... we ned to develop our testimonies in such a way that when our tirals come, and they will come, we won't have to wonder what to do or where to turn. We will know. Don't just have a testimony.  Be a convert. 

I love you all and I am so grateful for your love and support!! I have pictures , but my computer is lame today and they won't load. Next week!! Have a fabulous week!!! 

Hermana Van Deusen

No comments:

Post a Comment