August 8, 2016

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Well this week was full of changes and craziness! Like I said last week, my companion Hermana Peralta se fue.... tears were shed. She was a wonderful trainer and our 2 cambios together were so much fun!!! But with every ending starts a new beginning... My new companion is Hermana Espinal!  She is from Honduras, speaks 0 English, and has about 2 weeks more than me in the mission. We actually go home on the same day haha. So with that, we are both pretty new and ready to work. I was pretty nervous to be the "guide" of the area and take the lead for the first little bit.... but so far so good. We've only gotten lost like 19 times.... success. Haha... but no she is really great and we are learning a lot together. This week we had a decent amount of lessons, and met some AMAZING people that we are REALLY excited to start teaching. AND We had another baptism yesterday! His name is Ariel, he's 12 years old, and he is pretty awesome. He's already attented church 5 times (he hasn't missed one Sunday since we started teaching him). His baptism was crazy because my companion and I didn't really know what we were doing and it was lightweight chaotic...BUT the spirit that was felt when Ariel came up out of the water was undeniable. There is no way to explain how precious a moment it is to see someone you have grown to love take that step and be baptized. It is incredible. I've only had the privilidge of being a part of that process 3 times... But every time is more powerful than the last. How grateful I am to be a missionary!!!!!!!! These 4.5 months have changed my life, and I can't wait to see what the next 13.5 bring. I'm so grateful for all of you and your support!! I love you all and I hope you have a fabulous week!!! 

Hermana Van Deusen

I have a ton of pictures to send.... BUT this computer is old and won't let me... Fingers crossed that next week I get a good computer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment