April 10, 2017

Mi Familia y Amigos!!

This week was a good one!! It was the last week of changes and my companion and I tried to give it our all. We finished the week with a baptism of a little boy named Yorky! He's really adorable... I would send pictures but my memory card some how got a virus and I'm still not quite sure how to fix that... so ya. 

I got a new companion!! Her name is Hermana Denning! She is officially my first companion from the United States... it's going to be a whole new experience haha. She was in my zone in David like 9 months ago... it's funny, all of my companions have somehow been connected to that area!! But she's really great and we are going to have a lot of fun this transfer!! 

This week we had leadership council with President Current. He is such a wise man. He shared with us something that has really stuck with me. He talked about Peter. During Christ's ministry, Peter didn't really understand a lot of things. He just didn't get it. In Luke 22, Christ says to Peter:

31 ¶ And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
32 But have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art convertedstrengthen thy brethren.

 Christ told Peter that Satan was going to do everything in his power to make him fall. To make him lose his faith. And what did Peter say??? 

33 And he said unto him, Lord, am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.
34 And he said, tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.
He just didn't get it. 

So what happened next?? Peter denied Christ 3 times... and he began to weep. He in that moment felt the gravity of his sins. Felt the sorrow, the pain, and the shame. He felt how many of us feel when we just flat out mess up. BUT, what is key here, is what Jesus Christ said in the beginning. He said, "But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not". 

Jesus Christ is praying for us, so that we can trust in his power and in his Atonement. We are always going to mess us. We are not perfect. But what do we do with that?? Do we use it as an excuse... or do we use it as a motivation? In those moments of grief, in those moments where you just feel so dumb and worthless...  DO NOT FORGET what Jesus Christ did for you. He payed the price, so that you can improve. So that you can one day become, what he already sees you are. 

Do you get it??? 

Think about it. 

I love this gospel so much!! I absolutely love being a missionary!! I love and miss each and every one of you!! Have an absolutely wonderful, wonderful week! 

Love,

Hermana Van Deusen

No comments:

Post a Comment