April 17, 2017

Mi Familia y Amigos,

¡¡Feliz Pascua!! Happy Easter!! Easter here in Panama was a lot different than back home... but it was a cool experience! Everyone here eats fish and patacones and travels to the interior... which I mean the fish and patacones was fantastic, but the whole 'traveling to the interior' thing made it kind of a hard week as far as missionary work is concerned haha. BUT my comp and I were trying to work hard, and we saw a lot of miracles(: 

Easter morning as I was preparing myself to take the sacrament, I read John's account of the Savior's first appearance after his resurrection. The experience of Mary Magdalene really called my attention as I was studying. I want to share two verses with you, and I want you to just read them slowly and imagine yourself there in Mary's posistion... John 20:15-16 states the following, 

15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and will take him away.
16 Jesus saith unto her, MaryShe turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
There was Mary... scared, confused, and heart-broken. She didn't know where to find her Lord... she thought he was lost and that she was all alone. But then, in the midst of her despair, Jesus came to her. He asked why she was crying... and then, in the way only he can, he comforted her. He simply stated her name. Mary. And in that very instant she knew with who she was speaking. It was him.

Jesus Christ knows us all personally. He knows me by name. He knows how to succor me... He is my Master. He is my Redeemer!! And the most beautiful part of it all... is that he LIVES!! The question that we all must ask, is what we will say when he calls our name. Who is the Savior to you?? 

I love this gospel so much! And I love all of you!!! Have an absolutely fabulous week!! 

Hermana Van Deusen

Sorry memory card still broken

No comments:

Post a Comment