February 13, 2017

MIRACLES

Mi Familia y Amigos,

"For behold, I am God; and I am a God of Miracles; and i will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith."

-2 Nephi 27:23

I know that God is a God of miracles. I know that God is a God of miracles because this week we saw them... so, so many of them! About 2 weeks ago Presdient Current told us that if we work hard, pray hard, and have faith, we would find someone in this transfer ready to be baptized in 8 days. Let me tell you... that just about NEVER happens. Normally a person is ready to be baptized in about 3-4 weeks... 2 weeks if they are really prepared. President Current wants us to reach new heights. So we prayed, we worked, and we had faith... and on Sunday we met Cristian. There's not a whole lot of time to explain how miraculous it was that we found him... but to make a long story short, he was a reference from a less active. Cristian is 18 years old, has had a really rough life, but is just WOW. I've never seen someone change so quickly and willingly and with such humility. Just to give you an example: he has his ears pierced. When we talked about the word of wisdom and the law of chastity, he IMMEDIATELY took out his earrings and hasn't put them back in since. 2 days after we taught the word of wisdom, he called us asking if he could drink a coke that was in his fridge, because he didn't want to do it if it was against the word of wisdom. It was so many little things that just blew us away!! We've taught him everyday this week, and I'm ECSTATIC to report that today, at 5pm, Cristian will be baptized... marking the 8th day since we met him. God is a God of miracles. 

This week it really made me think about how beautiful this gospel is!!! In 8 days Cristian made a 180 degree turn. That is the power of this message. That is the power of the Atonement. That is the love of our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. It was just one more evidence to me that this is the true church. I know it! 

I love being a missionary. 

Love,

Hermana Van Deusen



No comments:

Post a Comment