February 27, 2017

11 months in the mission... whaaaaaat?!

Mi Familia y Amigos,

This has been another fabulous week! Yesterday was the end of the transfer, and my companion and I are both staying. Really, basically our whole zone is staying the same... the only difference is that there are now more sisters!! I am so excited!! It's going to be a great six weeks. 

This week I came across a scripture that really impacted me. It's the story of Enos, and it's basically the best(: There are 4 verses in particular that I want to share with you all. Enos 1:4-8 states: 

And my soul hungeredand kneeled down before myMaker, and cried unto him in mighty prayer andsupplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did Icry unto him; yea, and when the night came did still raisemy voice high that it reached the heavens.

 And there came voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.

 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, myguilt was swept away.

 And said: Lord, how is it done?

 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ,whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And manyyears pass away before he shall manifest himself in theflesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.

In these verses, Enos underwent the Repentance process. I believe that Repentance is the greatest miracle that there is. It is absolutely incredible that God loves us so much, that he allows us to change. My favorite part of this verse is when he asks, "Lord...how is it done?". He can't believe that it is possible. It almost brings me to tears just thinking about it! Those words show us that he FELT it. He felt the difference. He felt the relief! He felt the grace of God. And what did the Lord respond??? "Because of thy Faith in Christ... thy faith hath made thee whole.". I love it. The Doctrine of Christ. The GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, allows us  to use the ATONEMENT of Jesus Christ, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ allows us to access the GRACE of God, and the grace of God makes us WHOLE. Isn't the gospel beautiful??

This week I've felt very inadequate. I feel sometimes that I miss the mark and I don't do enough... We've seen so many miracles this transfer, and I don't feel worthy of them all. BUT that's the point. I am inadequate and I do miss the mark sometimes... I'm not worthy. But if I have faith and use repentance to change and better myself, I can be made whole. I'm grateful for Repentance. Repentance is a miracle. 

Well... I'm running out of time... but I love you all so very, very much!! Have an absolutely fabulous week!!! 

Hermana Van Deusen


No comments:

Post a Comment