November 21, 2016

3 Nephi 9:13-14


Mi Familia y Amigos,

 Time is flying and I do not like it. I feel like I just wrote you all yesterady, and now I´m here again! I´m so happy to be able to talk with you all again pero aye a la vida, mi mision esta pasanda demasiado rapido.... Yeesh.

 This week we had a mission tour, and Elder Alonso from the 70 came and whipped us into shape!! He is now one of my favorite General Authorities! It´s such a blessing to have so many servants of the Lord come and speak with us in such a short amount of time. I rarely feel the spirit stronger than I do when they walk in the room and we all stand. They are truly men called of God.

 I learned many things from Elder Alonso about the Plan of Salvation and missionary work in general, but I´ll save that for another day because today I feel super duper extraordinarily mind-blowingly grateful for the Book of Mormon. As a mission, we started reading the Book of Mormon about 4-5 months ago... and we finished last week!!!!!! It was so beautiful. I learned so much, and I realized how VERY much I still have to learn. At the conference, we were given the chance to share our testimonies about a few verses that grew our faith during the reading challenge. I knew immediately the scripture I would share.... 3 Nephi 9:13-14,

 "O ye that are spared because ye are more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you? Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."

 I know that I have shared that scripture with you all before, but it's because it's my favorite in all the book of Mormon. When I read these verses last month, I understood what the leaders of the church meant when they said that the Book of Mormon is the best way to come to know Christ. Because when he said those words, when I read those verses, it all clicked. I felt his love for me. I saw his character. He wants to heal me, he wants to support me. He knows me. I have met my Savior.

 I testify that the Book of Mormon is true. I know it!!!!!!! PLEASE read it. Don't let a day pass by without opening it up. I know that the promises of the Book of Mormon are real and true. I know that if I read it diligently, I will never forget my faith. This is the truth.

 I love and miss you all!!! Have a FANTASTIC week!

 Hermana Van Deusen




No comments:

Post a Comment